how to clear the error counter on device manager

Answered Question
Aug 27th, 2009

hi,

we have 2 9513s and 2 9509s in our environment recently I saw one of the port was disabling because of bit error threshold. temporarily I made the port to ignore the bit errors in the cli.

will this lead to any other issue ?

now when I clear the error counter in the cli it resets to 0 in cli but devicemanager still sums up the errors.

we are running OS 3.2.2c

any help is greatly appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by ivillegas about 7 years 3 months ago

You can first execute "show hardware internal packet-flow dropped". This will show which device has the drops. Then you can use "clear asic-cnt list-all-devices" which

will give the device ids for all devices on that board. Then you can issue "clear asic-cnt device-id " to clear the counter for only that device.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
ivillegas Wed, 09/02/2009 - 15:12

You can first execute "show hardware internal packet-flow dropped". This will show which device has the drops. Then you can use "clear asic-cnt list-all-devices" which

will give the device ids for all devices on that board. Then you can issue "clear asic-cnt device-id " to clear the counter for only that device.

praneeth34 Thu, 09/03/2009 - 06:06

thanks for the reply. switch gives me eoor "invalid command" when I try to execute "clear asic-cnt list-all-devices" do we have to be at any particular code level for this. currently its running on 3.2.2c

praneeth34 Thu, 09/03/2009 - 07:08

My Bad... just discovered tht we have to attach to the module and run the command.. and it works .

thanks a lot.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Storage Networking