Views
Helpful
Replies

how to clear the error counter on device manager

praneeth34
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

we have 2 9513s and 2 9509s in our environment recently I saw one of the port was disabling because of bit error threshold. temporarily I made the port to ignore the bit errors in the cli.

will this lead to any other issue ?

now when I clear the error counter in the cli it resets to 0 in cli but devicemanager still sums up the errors.

we are running OS 3.2.2c

any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

You can first execute "show hardware internal packet-flow dropped". This will show which device has the drops. Then you can use "clear asic-cnt list-all-devices" which

will give the device ids for all devices on that board. Then you can issue "clear asic-cnt device-id " to clear the counter for only that device.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

You can first execute "show hardware internal packet-flow dropped". This will show which device has the drops. Then you can use "clear asic-cnt list-all-devices" which

will give the device ids for all devices on that board. Then you can issue "clear asic-cnt device-id " to clear the counter for only that device.

thanks for the reply. switch gives me eoor "invalid command" when I try to execute "clear asic-cnt list-all-devices" do we have to be at any particular code level for this. currently its running on 3.2.2c

My Bad... just discovered tht we have to attach to the module and run the command.. and it works .

thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: