Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0.2 - exchange management tools - error install

I will install unity 7.0.2 on a 2k3 server.

I have to install the exchange 2k3 management tools but I have an error

in the windows eventviewer / Application :

The description for Event ID ( 5000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Exchange Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: exchangesetuperror, 6_5_6944_0, install, microsoft exchange 5.5 administrator, install, c103fc99, _null_, 1, NIL, NIL, NIL.

in the installation wizzard ( see file attatch )

thanks

7 Replies 7

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could try googling the error which comes back with several things to try. This one looked real good.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924257/

Tray

Thanks,

I saw this one too on google..

The thing is I wasn't sure because it was regarding SMTP, but error is same thing.

anyways, my windows administrator is on the case right now.. i will let you know.

I have try the solution on microsoft web site that you post and still same problem.

The only solution that I've found is installing Outlook on Unity before installing the Exchange 2003 management tools.

In the unity documentation they said : Do not install outlook.

No choice, I spoke to the TAC they told me to remove it after I install Cisco Unity.

Cisco TAC has work with me on this one, no other solution than this.

Hi -

I checked a couple of Microsoft links on this error. Exchange 2003 management tools and outlook 200X both require MAPI32.dll so if both of them are installed on a same computer it will create an issue. Outlook will also be a problem for Unity, the unitymsgstoresvc account uses MAPI to access users' inboxes for voice messages. Make sure you have disabled any antivirus scan software, like Trend ServerProtect before trying to install the Exchange Management software.

Ginger

I have no antivirus, CSA not enable... Cisco tac told me too that this is not good to have outlook. They told me I can try to uninstall it when I have done Unity installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: