uccx upgrade 5X to 7X

Answered Question
Aug 27th, 2009

We are currently running uccx 5.0(2)SR2 and are looking to upgrade to 7.0(1)SR3. When looking at the 'Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide' for supported upgrade paths on 7.0(1)SR3 it does not list 5.0(X) Though if you look at 7.0(1) it shows 5.0(X) as an upgrade path. Which would lead me to believe that we must upgrade to 7.0(1) first and then upgrade to SR3. Though there is no 7.0(1) release available to download. The lowest level of download available is 7.0(1)SR1 which also does not list

5.0(X) in its upgrade path. Am I missing something or is this Cisco's read between the lines and because 5.0(x) is listed in 7.0(1) I can assume that it's safe to upgrade to any release of 7.0(1) available.

Sorry for any confusion, but if you are join the club...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by acomiskey about 7 years 4 months ago

I believe you need to get the cd from cisco for 7.0.1. Then you can get the downloads from there. Use the product upgrade tool...

http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Chris Deren Fri, 08/28/2009 - 05:17

Correct, full media installs are never posted on CCO, you need to use PUT and have valid support contract to obtain 7.0 media, you use it for upgrade (very straight forward), and then you can patch it with SR3.

Chris

Actions

This Discussion