CWC to Network Connectivity

Unanswered Question
Aug 27th, 2009

I did some projects using CWC4400. many times I faced problems to connect the controller to the Network like to connect to the core switch.

I need to know the steps that I should follow to avoid connectivity problems

now I am facing this problem:

I created AP-Manager and Management Interfaces ( In the same subnet)

and I created one dynamic interface to map the SSID to it.

I am able to ping the default gateway of the dynamic interface from the controller But I am not able to ping the gateway of AP-Manger and Management Interfaces.

I asked the admin for the core switch to make the interface trunk on the CS and he said: I did it but I am not sure if he did it well or no. So, any body can help me??

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
smahbub Wed, 09/02/2009 - 14:58

Both the AP Manger interface and the management interface can be on the same subnet. The important thing is that the management interface and the AP Manager interface have to be reachable from the LAPs. It is usually configured on the same VLAN or IP subnet as the management interface, but this is not a requirement.

when you have multiple AP Manager interfaces configured to support a maximum number of LAPs, all the AP Manager interfaces have to be on the same subnet. You need Layer 3 connectivity between LAPs and the AP Manager and management interfaces on the Wireless LAN Controller (WLC). The LAPs can still be configured to be on different subnets.

Actions

This Discussion