cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5 GHZ issue with 1142N

graham.raines
Level 1
Level 1

I have deployed a WLAN utilising 9 1142 N AP's controlled by a 4404 WLC. The system works fine at 2.4Ghz, but for the life of me I cannot get a connection at 5Ghz using 802.11N. The a/n radios appear to be enabled, I have followed the info in the 1140 deployment guide. Currently running 6.0.182.0 on the WLC and my clients are using the Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN chipset.

Clients using the Intel 2915ABG can connect at 802.11a 5Ghz seemingly O/K.

Any suggestions appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

is it the same SSID as on 2.4Ghz radio and I assume you are running open auth or wpa2?

Yes it is the same SSID. I am running WPA2 only with PEAP Auth using MS-CHAPv2. I have multiple WLANS on the AP's and have the same issue on each.

In addition, I have turned on the SSID broadcast whilst fault finding. If I turn off or disable the 802.11 b/g/n (thus I assume the 2.4Ghz) transmitter, I cannot see the broadcasted 802.11 a/n SSID.

You could check whether you have enabled packet aggregation on the 802.11a radio.

i.e. "config 802.11a 11nSupport a-mpdu tx priority 0 enable"

Also, make sure you disable the UNII-2-Extended Channels. As some nics may not support the extended channels.

I believe this is in the latter part of the 1140 deployment guide.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: