cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9 get added to all inbound calls

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find where this is configured - or how to turn it off, but all inbound calls show up with a caller ID prefixed with a 9

CUCMBE Version 7.0(3)

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

You may check the "Service Parameters" and search for National Prefix, or you may also check your Gateway page

View solution in original post

24 Replies 24

Rajesh Revuru
Level 4
Level 4

You may check the "Service Parameters" and search for National Prefix, or you may also check your Gateway page

Hi,

Checked both and cannot find anything related to a 9 prefix...

Then look at the translation patterns

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

It maybe being added at the Gateway as a voice translation rule.

Rich

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies but it is not a Tranlation in the Gateway of in Call Manager.....

Any other ideas - I'm out of them.

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies but it is not a Tranlation in the Gateway or in Call Manager.....

Any other ideas - I'm out of them.

I do have Translation Patterns in the Call Manager for DID's. I only take the last 4 digits of the calling number and replaces them with the 4 digit DID.

I cannot see anywhere in there where a 9 would be added.....

Thanks,

Heath

Hello Heath,

Is the gateway in which the calls enter the network H323 or MGCP? If it is H323, you may want to look in the gateway and see if you have any voice translation rules that could be prepending a 9 to incoming calls.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

I am using MGCP - no tanslation rules in the Gateway.

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What protocol do you use to connect to your voice GW?

How are ANI digits expected to come from your provider?

MGCP...

We debuged an see only the 4 digits come from the provider.

What is coming as calling number?

The debug shows the 10 digit number in the calling number field.

So if you get 234 234 5678 from your provider and you don't have translations in VGW, in CUCM and have no incoming calling number modifications in CUCM GW config or in Services config and you still see 9 234 234 5678 on your phone, then you should check again :) There is just no other place to have such a config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: