AIR-LAP1252AG-E-K9 blinking green red yellow

Answered Question
Aug 28th, 2009

Hello,

I have just started a new 1252 access point and I get the status blinking green red yellow + ethernet blinking green and radio blinking amber.

The AP responds to ping but I cannot telnet it.

I understoods that the blinking scheme if that the AP is not finding the controller as I do not have any.

I bought this AP to work on standalone mode and it seems that its not loaded for that. When I try to download the IOS file to switch to standalone mode, I got an unauthorized error as I do not have a service contract.

How should I proceed to use the AP in standalone mode ?

Thanks

Stephane

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Leo Laohoo about 7 years 3 months ago

Hi Stephane,

You need to get hold of the autonomous IOS (aIOS) to be able to successfully convert your AP from LWAP to autonomous.

Contact the authorized Cisco reseller if they can download the firmware for you.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Leo Laohoo Sun, 08/30/2009 - 16:22

Hi Stephane,

You need to get hold of the autonomous IOS (aIOS) to be able to successfully convert your AP from LWAP to autonomous.

Contact the authorized Cisco reseller if they can download the firmware for you.

gondange1 Mon, 08/31/2009 - 09:26

Yes thank you. I did it this morning and receive the file from them. With the above procedure everything is fine now.

Thanks a lot,

Stephane

brianthoward Wed, 09/16/2009 - 07:29

Hello, Stephanie,

I have the exact same symptoms and was wondering if you we able to find a solution. Thanks!

Brian

gondange1 Wed, 09/16/2009 - 08:56

This problem is due to the wrong firmware inside the access point. The firmware you have is looking for a wireless server that you do not have. You need to load the firmware for standalone access point and this will solve the problem.

You can find this firmware on the support area of cisco.com if you have access to it. If not, ask your reseller.

BR

Stéphane

Actions

This Discussion