Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone license

phonetech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to add a few new phones to our CUCM 7 and I am not sure about what would be a correct part number for the phone.

Our system was originally installed as 5.1 with this license LIC-CM5.1-7825= .

I know that this part number is for 1000 seats.

We have a UCSS subscription so I've upgraded our system to CUCM 6 and later to CUCM 7.

My DLU spares count is low (I checked DLU count in license unit report) so I know that I'll have to buy more DLU licenses.

We currently have about 100 users (it is a lab system, used for interop testing), I don't know if there is a report for that.

Does that mean when I go to buy a new phone I can buy CP-7965G= (spare) instead of CP-7965G because I have unused seats in my LIC-CM5.1-7825= ?

Thanks

Yury

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yury,

The more expensive versions are sold with the "old" CH License which was used in CCM 3.x and 4.x versions. You can go with the cheaper part# and save yourself the $40 as you have already paid for DLU Licenses.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Yury,

The number that counts here is DLU's, if you have enough DLU's to cover a 7965 (4 DLU's) then you would be good to go with the CP-7965G= (spare). You don't ever have to buy the phone/with license in CUCM versions past CUCM 5.x when the Licensing model changed :)

You just have to have enough DLU's to cover the additional Phones/Devices, as the DLU has already been purchased at some point.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for your help Rob.

Do you know what a is difference between two models (besides $40 more for non spare model) and when do you buy one or the other?

Not only Cisco lists two phone models

CH-7965G and CH-7965G= , but all the major resellers list both models as well.

Yury

Hi Yury,

The more expensive versions are sold with the "old" CH License which was used in CCM 3.x and 4.x versions. You can go with the cheaper part# and save yourself the $40 as you have already paid for DLU Licenses.

Cheers!

Rob

Great, thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: