cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

questions about privlidge mode and local users

D0nprintup_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a username with a lower level access so they cannot access a config t.

I am having a hard time finding any documentation on what each level does. I only want the user to view a show run. Now i know i could setup a privilage command and then enter in each and eveery command for a show run and set it to lets say level 3 or something.

I dont want to go through all that, i just want to set it to the level where they can view the entire output of a show run.

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Donald,

you will need to set first the privlidge for the users , and then assign them the appropriate command.

here what you can do:

1- username xxxx privilidge 2 password yyyy

2- in the config mode;

privlidge level 2 exec (sh run)

like wise, if you need to assign them command in the config mode you will have to type config after the level or if its in the interface you will have to type the interface.

HTH

Mohamed

thank you, i realized that. But if i did a level 2 and then set sh run. When they did it, they would not see the entire config. I would also have to set a show ip, sh iterface , sh router ......

so they can see everything in a show run. Isnt there a level i can set that includes all of them?

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card