cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Populate Cisco Works DCR using ACS Network Device Groups

dirtba111
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco Works LMS network discovery is not finding all of my network devices and I'm a bit concerned with it walking my WAN connections.

I already have a list of all of my managed devices defined in my ACS server. Is there a way to import the network device groups into LMS?

Has anyone at Cisco thought about coding LMS to become a replication partner with ACS? That way when a new device is added into ACS, LMS will automatically discover it manage it.

3 Replies 3

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

I'm not aware such feature to add the devices from ACS to DCR. Or import them.

On the ACS side you can't even export the network device group as a CSV file. If you run a support from the system configuration and get a package.cab, there is a file NDG.txt that will have your NDG list but not the AAA clients with the IP addresses.

That would make things much easier than adding devices first in ACS and then in DCR when LMS is integrated with ACS.

I suggest that you talk to your account team to file an enhancement request. That may involve to enhance ACS and also as well LMS. Your system engineer should be able to provide you with visibility on this.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can import from ACS under Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, then select Bulk Import. One of the options will be ACS.

SWEET! That did the trick. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: