Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Backlight fade on SPA942/922 and screen alignment issues

Hi,

We are getting an increasing number of customers asking for replacement units because after about 3 months (if backlight is set to "always on") the screens develop a continually worsening fade.

No amount of fiddling with the LCD contrast will correct this.  The colour of the black LCD matrix gets closer and closer towards the whiteness of the backlight making readability difficult and a "worn out" appearance to relatively new hardware.

I am currently recommending to customers that they do not use the "always on" setting for the backlight, although more often than not I'm greeted with a response along the lines of "It's an advertised feature and that's the reason we bought the 9x2 and not the 9x1 model!  We're only using settings provided to us within the phone's config".

We have also received several batches of handsets in the past where the screen has not been aligned properly within the unit.  The LCD matrix has been aligned too far to the left and in worst cases the first 3 or so characters on the left are missing.  The dialling screen should read "Enter number"  but sometimes only "ter number" is visible.

I am wondering whether Cisco are aware of these screen build quality issues and if anything is planned to resolve them in future hardware revisions?

We are becoming dangerously close to being forced to submit RMAs for hundreds of units.

1 Reply 1

Hi Richard,

We have an internal thread going on regarding the issues you describe. Someone from the phone product team will contact you shortly.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: