Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring Public holidays on icm

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i'm trying to configure a routing script so that it play a "closed" message to the caller on public holidays. I'm using admin scripts, however you can only schedule the admin script to run on recurrent dates, or to run once. Does anyone have any idea how to achieve this requirement?

thanks for your kind assistance,

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

This is easy to do with a series of IF nodes in ONE admin script. You can schedule the script to run just once a day - at 5 minutes past midnight. It sets a "long" variable ("holiday") indicating it's a holiday (1) or not (0), and your routing script checks this variable to see if it should play the holiday message.

I basically build a series of IF nodes with expressions like this

date = date(2009,1,1) // NY Day

date = date(2009,5,25) // Memorial Day

date = date(2009,7,3) // Independence Day

The check port goes to a SET node that says holiday=1.

The last X port in the series leads to a SET node that says holiday=0.

The only problem is that this script has to be edited each year and the new dates for the holidays for that year adjusted. Holidays move, as you know.

I usually include an IF node checking New Year's Day for the new year and schedule the maintenance in early Jan.

My admin script is a bit more exotic in that it also SETs a string variable with the name of the WAV file to play, because the customer has different messages for each holiday.

I'm using CVP, so in the routing script, when it detects it's a holiday, this global variable is copied into a Peripheral Variable and then I use a PM microapp to play out of the PV.

Regards,

Geoff

thank you Geoff, your reply was utterly helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: