Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to point video with UC520

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I am looking for any documents on setting up point to point video in a UC520 environment. I have CUVA on two machines for testing and they see the phones, but I'm unsure of the next steps. These machines are routed (test branch options).

I'm sure I can get this working with IP Communicator, but I wanted to test with with real phones. Is there still an issue of now video via the hard phone unless it's on the same subnet?

Anyway I searched around with no luck so I thought I would ask here.

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

7 Replies 7

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Solved!

It's amazing how just after posting a question here I figure out the issue..

The problem was the branch ASA had too restrictive an ACL on the ingress interface. I opened the ACL up and when I called the central office (to a video enabled phone) the CUVA just popped up. (I had had to logout and re-establish the tunnel to make it work)

I would still like to get some documentation on this as I would like the clients to have the option of accepting or declining the video stream, and any QoS best practices; althought the video was really good for an IPSEC tunnel.

Thanks to this forum.

Bob James

QoS best practices can be found here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9652

Thanks,

Marcos

bjames
Level 5
Level 5

Thanks Marcos,

Any more on options and procedures for Video? When I make a call the video just comes up; I would like the person to have the option to say no.

Cheers.

Bob James

I am pretty sure that CUVA allows this natively...

Thanks,

Marcos

You are right, I found the help files. Both parties have to disable video on startup:

Placing Calls

If...

Then...

Cisco Unified Video Advantage is running on your PC and the person you are calling has a video-enabled phone

When you place or answer a call, two video windows open on your PC. You will see yourself in the Local Video window and you will see the person you are calling in the Remote Video window.

You have disabled the Camera-on feature under the Video menu

When you place a call, you will see the person you are calling in the Remote Video window. The Local Video window displays the no-video icon.

The person you are calling has disabled the Camera-On feature under the Video menu

When you place a call, you will see yourself in the Local Video window and the Remote Video window displays the no-video icon.

Answering Calls

If...

Then...

Cisco Unified Video Advantage is running on your PC and the person you are calling has a video-enabled phone

When you answer a call, two video windows open on your PC. You will see yourself in the Local video window and you will see the caller in the Remote Video window.

You have disabled the Camera-on feature under the Video menu

When you answer a call, you will see the caller in the Remote Video window. The Local Video window displays the no-video icon.

The person you are calling has disabled the Camera-On feature under the Video menu

When you answer a call, you will see yourself in the Local Video window and you will see the no-video icon in the Remote Video window.

Note    When Cisco Unified Video Advantage is not running on your PC or on the PC of the remote caller, then the call functions like a regular phone call without video.

One last question to revive this thread, will the SPA500 series phones ever support P2P video, or will it always be the 7900 series ?

Thanks

The capability to support video on our SPA5xx series of phones has been rquested and is being looked at.

It cannot be committed or discussed much more than that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: