cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN E1 PRI PBX Nortel

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

I am have 2X E1 VWICS one going to the PSTN and the other connecting to a Nortel PBX. Each E1 is in a serperate wic slot so different types of clocking functionality can be applied.I have to ensure that E1 connecting to PSTN passes the clocking to 2nd E1 connecting to the PBX.

I configured the network-clock-participate etc on e1 connecting to PSTN and network-clock-sellect to point to E1 connecting to PSTN.

The 2nd E1 to PBX I need enable without using the network-clock-participate so it doesnt manage the clocking but I cant add the pri-group config without that command.

Every cisco DOC states you shouldnt add the network-clock-particpate command on E1 connecting PBX you have to use clock source internal command and isdn protocol-emulate network etc under interface interface e1 0/1/0:15.

conclusion need to configure E1 to PBX pri-group time slots without adding the network-clock-participate command. Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You must use network-clock-participate, this way not only it will allow you to configure pri-group, but also you will be able to pass clock from PSTN to PBX.

This command doesn't decide who to take clock, it simply established an internal link between card and DSPs.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

View solution in original post

You have no signale on E1 to PBX, check cabling, must use E1 crossed, NOT ethernet crossed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You must use network-clock-participate, this way not only it will allow you to configure pri-group, but also you will be able to pass clock from PSTN to PBX.

This command doesn't decide who to take clock, it simply established an internal link between card and DSPs.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

I have used the network-clock-sellect command, clock source internal and isdn protocol-emulate network still the E1 has not come up. I have attached my config please advise thanks so much.

You have no signale on E1 to PBX, check cabling, must use E1 crossed, NOT ethernet crossed.

I will get them to re crimp the cable and let you know thanks

Cheers bevilacqua you saved the day it came up straight away thanks :)

No problem, it happens all the time.

Thanks for the nice rating and good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: