Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence

cjprakash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just want to know what are the minimum hardwares required to test the telepresence in lab.

6 Replies 6

batrajayant
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What is it that you are looking to test .TP starts from very small model to a full studio .You need two sites at least to test the functionality. A switch and a router is required at both ends along with a WAN link.If you need more info let me know

We have a test setup in our location.

We have two CTS 500s

A seperate CUCM 7.1 Pub with inter cluster trunk to our Production CUCM Cluster

CT Manager to schedule meeting via outlook with exchange 2003 (could get it to work with exchange 2007 because of FBA)

I have not tried interop with our CUVCM and VT advantage yet but will in the next few weeks.

Here is a design guide which may help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/TP-Book.html

Thank a lot.

Dear all

I need more information or sample Deployment Guide with hardware configurations. I only know Cisco Security product but I have been asked by client to evalute Video Conferencing for their 10 offices across the world.

He want to implement Video Conferencing Systems through 2mb SDSL or 2mb ADSL connections. What would be best choice? What products do we need to purchase?

We currently running Cisco 1841 or 2811 Routers with SDSL or ADSL cards in each site.

I would highly appriciate if someone help me to find complete solution with hardware list. If you have any trail Implemention guide that would also help me.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't know if you received an answer.

With 2MB SDSL you MIGHT be able to get a single -screen TelePresence call to work (depends on circuit capabilities) with 720P "Good" mode. When "Extended Reach" is available (publicly announced earlier this summer), you should be able to use that. There are some limitations, but the frame rate is maintained, so the video should be very good.

If you don't have enough b/w available for TP, then you can use more conventional SD or HD videoconferencing solution. I would say look at our CUVC 3515 or other CUVC model. It will support endpoints to meet their price requirements from many vendors. See our Docs on the soon to be out CUVC 7.0 or even the Version 5.3 should be fine.

caroline_parks
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco documented the Telepresence concept and implementation details in the book Cisco TelePresence Fundamentals, where the difference between Telepresence and the at this point in time prevalent Videoconferencing is defined as quality, simplicity, and reliability.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: