Views
Helpful
Replies

Read minidump

mohamed-gheta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco team

I have ICM7.2.7 and I'm asking about the capability for reading PG minidump file (.mdmp files) which is very important to investigate one of our issues

Appreciate your support as usual,

Regards,

Mohamed

8 Replies 8

I've never been able to make heads or tails of what's inside the mdmp files. I've always assumed Cisco TAC had some sort of internal output interpreter for it, but I'm not sure. Your best bet is to open a TAC case.

david

Minidump are a standard Microsoft debug output, they provide the running memory dump of the processes while the exception occurs.

Their output is helpful to the Dev to check on the memory allocation and for any corrupt stack in the crash, not much added value in the troubleshooting, rather a check and compare for similar scenarios occurred in the past for other customers or in testing.

As David says, similar situations beg for a TAC SR and eventually DE.

Regards,

Riccardo

Hi Rbua,

Actually I'm getting PG crash for unknown reason, if I dumplog I got PG message that minidump had been created with its path and name

Anyway thanks so much for your support, I will open TAC with Cisco

Regads,

Mohamed

Hi Mohamed,

The crash for unknown reason is usually a crash occurring on a function, you will need TAC and eventually DE help to know if the assertion is something already fixed, or caused by some external factors or a new DDTS.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks so much Riccardo for your swift answer, actually appreciate it

I got your point, based on that I will open TAC as per your recommendation

Thanks again,

Mohamed

Thanks again,

Mohamed

Thanks again,

Mohamed

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your swift answer, I need to avoid issuing many tacs with Cisco, so I'm searching for tool or something which enables me to read minidump files

But thanks so much for your input

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: