cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS (cannot ping my remote network).

mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured my 2 routers(7613 & 7609) to be my PE's, my 6500 to be CE's for a basic mpls test. When I do my "sh ip route vrf VPNTEST1" I can see my route's but I can't ping any of those route. I can only ping the loopback that are connected directly to my PE's not the remote loopback that is learned via bgp. Loopback 3.3.3.3 is for the switch that is directly atached to CR7613PE (router) and loopback 4.4.4.4 is directly connected to CR7609PE

Any Idea what could be the problem? Attached are my configs.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Usually when iBGP sessions are configured between loopbacks - and not between linkadresses

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

interface Loopback0

ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.255

Loopback 0 on both PE has been configured with 2.2.2.2/32.

Reload or force LDP id update when this has been resolved

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

jon is right,for BCP configure loopback 0 as bgp router id. otherwise you will face issue if ldp router id and mp-ibgp router id get different.

regards

shivlu jain

Something to look into:

Assume Loop0 on 7613 was meant to be 1.1.1.1/32

BGP between link adress, with update source loop0?

BGP next-hop problems with above BGP config?

Cannot see why 'send-label' are configured on PE-CE link, unless you are doing CsC

Not shown in configs - but as-override on PE-CE BGP would be needed with AS6501 on both CE's

When do I use "update source loopback"?

Usually when iBGP sessions are configured between loopbacks - and not between linkadresses

tahiryasin
Level 1
Level 1

You need to use ping VRF command not regular PING command .

Thanks

tahiryasin
Level 1
Level 1

Also in your config two AS's do not match you have

neighbor 172.100.0.2 remote-as 6501

but there is not As 6501 ,you need to fix this before all VRF routes can be imported.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: