Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection 7 - Import Users

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get a error message when I try importing or adding a user template.

Import error message:

can't import the dn , this alias has already being assigned to another object in this vms location"

I had earlier tried to create a unity user in Call Manager - end user configuration and deleted it . After that I kept getting the error message.

Other DN imports are working fine.

I can't find the object this dn has been assigned to.

Are there dependency records in unity connection ?

I tried deleting users , recreating , rebooting but to no avail.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

3 Replies 3

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

I tried enabling the UC dependency records but could not even see any dependency records link to look at.

In fact, I imported the user but could not create the use template because it says the alias has already to assigned to another object in this vms location.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen where you delete the user in CUCM and the user is still orphaned in Unity Connection. Go into CUC and delete the subscriber mailbox.

Then re-create the user in CUCM, re-import.

i forgot to mentioned that i imported it but could not create the user template - same error message.

In UC 7 message storage- mailbox stores membership there are no options to delete the mailbox ?

I am not sure where else to look.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: