Views
Helpful
Replies

E.164 Dialplan

billkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been tasked with configuring an E.164 dialplan for a multisite deployment of CUCM 7.x

I have always used the "traditional" way of doing a dialplan and have looked throughout Cisco's documentation for configuration examples. It seems that I am finding alot of theorhetical documents, but few that tell me exactly what I need to configure and how to do it. Does anyone have any detailed documents on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean by "e.164" ?? What is unsatisfying in the way it is now ?

First, analyzer where you are at, and where you want to go.

This is a new deployment. Apparently, CUCM 7.x contains some features (local route groups, support for the + sign in route patterns,etc.) that allow a "new" way to route calls. This new way is supposed to simplify call routing in larger multisite deployments. That's what they refer to as the E.164 dialplan or E.164 dialing.

I have found several documents that, from a high level, attempt to explain this new way of configuring route plans, but I find painfully little as far as examples or actually how to configure it.

I'm trying to find anyone who has actually done this and that might have documentation or examples.

Thanks.

I understand. Sorry can't help on that, if you want a recommendation how to make a smart dialplan, ask anyway and specify in which country or countries the CMs will be.

I have also been trying to find out what the "new" ways are configuring cucm are with the local route groups, geo partitions, etc. I usually though stick to what I know works or best practice. Im hoping some day to get into the lab and figure out the new features in CUCM 7, but do not have time :(

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: