cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise IOS on standard 3560

connectone
Level 4
Level 4

I have this 3560, WS-C3560-24TS-S. I am building a home lab, and wanted to know if the enterprise IOS would load on this standard switch so I could do practise labs with some routers I have been picking up here and there.

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Advanced IP Services will provide all features available for the 3560 switch - this is the 'Enterprise IOS' for this type of hardware.

Also note, starting with 12.2(50)SE, Advanced IP Services is now called IP Services. They both offer the same level of features, just the name has changed.

HTH,

__

Edison

Thanks. So the advanced IP services will load on the Standard switch.

S vs E is for the SKU ordering process as the image to be loaded on the hardware. The physical switch will be the same whether you order WS-C3560-24TS-S or WS-C3560-24TS-E.

As you are planning to upgrade to Advanced IP Services, keep in mind that without paying for the license upgrade, you will be violating software licensing agreement...

__

Edison.

Thank you. That is what I wanted to understand.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card