cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Upgrade from 1.2 to 7.x

johnhuston
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting started to run an upgrade on Unity Connection from version 1.2 to version 7.x. I understand it takes a considerable amount resources to do this as well as the system being down. I was curious if anyone else has done this and if so how long it took? I understand from other forums that it takes about 40 hours to complete.

Thank you in advance for your help.

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

40 hours seems a bit much - there would have to be a bunch of messages moving around for it to take anywhere near that long.

You'd be using COBRAS for this:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_COBRAS.htm

ideally (and I think you probably have to given the hardware requirements) you'll be installing onto a new server. If that's the case you can run the export on CUC 1.2 without it being down, run the import on the CUC 7 system and once it's done and you've verified everything is cool just redirect your call manager ports - zero down time.

If you're planning on using the same server then yes - this is going to take a while since you'll have to do the export, wipe, install Connection, configure, import COBRAS and then you're flying - that'll be a chunk of down time no matter what you do, though.

The COBRAS help file on the page above has some real world time estimates for exports an dimports on a few systems from the field - you can use that to get a very rough idea of what kinds of times you'll be looking at - there's no universal formula of course but this will get you in the ballpark based on how large your system is, how much message space is involved etc...

Thank you for your help. I am using the same server so it's going to take quite a bit of time from what you are saying. Additionally, I am upgrading a pub and 2 subs from Callmanager 5.x to 7.x.

Thank you for your help. I am using the same server so it's going to take quite a bit of time from what you are saying. Additionally, I am upgrading a pub and 2 subs from Callmanager 5.x to 7.x.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: