cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos Voice/Citrix

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure Qos on our MPLS for citrix. We already have qos running for Voice and it seems to work well. No voice issues reported. Each branch has a full T1 out to the cloud. The vendor Verizon has a GOLD CAR of 512k setup for Voice which we route our Voice traffic over. I would like to tag my citrix traffic as COS=3 mission critical. I have attached out current QOS configuration. Is this ok to do the tagging this way is there a better? Also I have started to add the Citrix tag in there. any help on completing would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the config

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might want to double check exactly what you are getting from Verizon. My experience with their MPLS service, you need to buy real-time bandwidth separately, and other traffic falls into a 5 class model which allocates fixed bandwidth reservations, two drop points on some classes, and uses DSCP markings, not CoS markings.

Also, on non-real-time classes, exceeding the purchased CAR often isn't an issue.

PS:

BTW, your limiting your overall data rate to 512 Kbps.

We have already bought the real-time bandwidth from Verizon that is the 512k gold car. Thanks for pointing out the 512k restriction I was putting on the data. I have made some changes which appear to correct that.

Not really what you want, I think.

Perhaps something similar to:

(NB: syntax might be incorrect or not supported on your IOS version. You also need to check markings supported by MPLS provider.)

class-map match-any VoIP-Cntrl

match ip dscp af31

match ip dscp cs3

class-map match-all VoIP-RTP

match ip dscp ef

class-map match-all Citrix

!NB: you might want to subclassify Citrix to avoid giving preference to disk-to-disk or printing traffic

match protocol citrix

policy-map sub_int

class VoIP-Cntrl

priority percent 33

!NB: reason for policer, LLQ policer doesn't engage unless there's interface congestion provider, though, likely polices rate

police percent 33

set ip dscp EF

class VoIP-RTP

bandwidth percent 5

set ip dscp cs2

class-map Citrix

bandwidth percent 10

set ip dscp cs3

class class-default

!NB: deactivate FQ to maintain explict other class's bandwidth regardless of number of class-default flows

bandwidth percent 10

set ip dscp BE

interface Serial#/#/# point-to-point

description MPLS Circuit

service-policy output sub_int

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card