Adding 2nd node to cluster Administrator/pwd

Unanswered Question
Aug 31st, 2009

We are in the process of adding a 2nd UCCX server to our cluster. I am following the guides and it asks for a "Cisco Unified CCX Administrator User ID*" and password. I would expect these to show up on the 1st node but the only users that show up under the admin configuration are those that are pulled from CCM. We are Active Directory intergrated, will i need to create an AD account for the administration? I don't want to use an account that the pwd will expire. Can someone give me some suggestions on what to do to go forward with the install?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (3 ratings)
arcaidy76 Mon, 08/31/2009 - 18:45

This will be an AD account. Create an account that doesn't expire and doesn't allow password changes. It doesn't need to be anything but a normal user the Call Manager can import.

If you are adding the second node in an HA environment you'll use the same appadmin page user ID you created for the first node.

joeharb Tue, 09/01/2009 - 04:42

Thanks for your response, this is a second node for HA. The only users I see on the first node are those have been pulled from AD via the CallManager, there is no specific appadmin user.

From what I understand now I will simply need to create a user in the AD with no specific rights other than being an administrator on the uccx appadmin. Is this correct?

arcaidy76 Tue, 09/01/2009 - 05:40

use the same one you use to log in to IPCC now. If you're using you're personal account, go to:

Tools > User Manager

the select Administrator under Capability View. There you will see who is configured as an admin. Usually you'll see something like ipccadmin, crsadmin, or something like that. Use that account if you know the password.

joeharb Tue, 09/01/2009 - 07:00

My AD account is listed in the view for Administrator, can I use that? I am concerned that the pwd will expire and the cluster will be this the case or is no authentication after the initial setup.

arcaidy76 Tue, 09/01/2009 - 08:26

I have always used the same account created during the setup of the first node. All services run as either CRSAdministrator or Local System so I can't see any issues there.

If you don't know the original account, use yours. During a maintenance windows, disable your AD account and reboot the second node. Test failover.

My gut says you'll be fine, but a TAC case is your best bet. Please post your results.

joeharb Tue, 09/01/2009 - 12:13

Thanks for your response, the only accounts the are listed in the Administrator Capabilities are three personal administrators accounts. I looked @ the first node and all the services are either configured to run as Local System or CRSAdministrator. I am able to login into the appadmin with my credentials even after a password change so I would expect this to be able to be used for this portion of the setup. I am going to give it a shot and will let me you know the results.

This Discussion