cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

netflow egress accounting

situwayne
Level 1
Level 1

I have an IOS version restriction to support critical apps. Based on the documentation, "ip flow egress" was introduced in 12.3(11)T. we currently have netflow version 9 enabled, which gives up ingress account only. what can we do to get both ingress and egress netflow accounting? is rolling back to version 5 a solution? thanks.

2 Replies 2

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ingress and egress on the same router, or the same interface? The former is possible. The latter is not.

I thought Netflow v5 is the one that's ingress only, but your post seems to suggest that v9 cannot work with egress instead. Would that be a bug specific to the IOS version you're restricted to?

we want ingress and egress accounting on interfaces.

we are currently using 12.3(23), recommended by Cisco to support one of our critical apps. As I mentioned ip flow egress was introduced in 12.3(11)T, which is available on 12.4 mainline. in fact we deployed 12.3(23) less than 90 days. so upgrading IOS is not really an option. I am seeking an alternative to support interface egress accounting. I thought I heard a rumor netflow v5 can do it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: