cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 is not discovering IP phone.

akash04lingam
Level 1
Level 1

I have newly installed LMS 3.1. It started discovering the devices but it is not discovering the cisco IP pnones. Please tell how can i make LMS 3.1 to discover the ip phones.

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discovery will not find IP phone because they are not SNMP manageable. It is the job of User Tracking to acquire IP phones based on end host MAC addresses found connected to switches which are managed by Campus Manager. Once the phones are found as end hosts, then UT will poll the Call Managers which are managed by Campus Manager to get their ccmPhoneTable data. From that, UT builds the IP phone table.

If you have Call Managers running 5.x or higher code, you must be running Campus Manager 5.1.3 in order for those CCMs to be properly Data Collected so that UT knows to use them for IP phone acquisition.

How can i make the ciscoworks to discover the call manager?

The Call Manager is no different from any other device. Just make sure SNMP is enabled on it, your Discovery modules (e.g. CDP, ping sweep, etc.) is configured to pick it up, and your Discovery ranges allow it, and it will be discovered, and added to DCR.

I have added the call manager servers into LMS but still LMS is not identifying ip phones. Pls tell the solution for this problem. we are using campus Manager 5.1.0 and call manager 7.0

As I said in my first post, you need to upgrade to Campus 5.1.3 to support CCM 5.x or higher. Once you upgrade, perform a new Campus Data Collection, then a new UT acquisition, and your phones should show up.

After upgrading the campus Manager version to 5.1.3 still the LMS 3.1 is not discovering the IP phone. Please suggest the solution.

Is the Call Manager showing up on the Campus topology map? If so, post a screenshot illustrating this. If not, you need to make sure SNMP is enabled on the CCM, and that it is in DCR, and Campus Manager is allowed to manage it.

No Call Manager is not showing up on CCM. We have enable SNMP on CCM, We have enabled the readonly SNMP on CCM.

I have not understood what "that it is in DCR" in your previous comment?

Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management, and add the Call Manager. After that, go to Campus Manager > Home, and start a new Data Collection for all devices. After that completes, check that the CCM is showing in the Campus Manager topology map with a green application server icon. Once that is happening, start a new UT acquisition, and the IP phones should show up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: