cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Called Party Number when Forwarded Issue

kim_beadle
Level 1
Level 1

We have upgraded to 7.1 and our users have alerted us to something interesting and annoying.

It appears that the Called Number/Name is retained on the Calling Party phone even when the Called Number is;

Picked Up within a Pickup Group

Forwards on Busy/No Reply

Is Transferred to another phone

This is causing confusion for our users who are used to seeing the called number/name change when it is directed to another phone.

I am thinking that this could be a bug in CUCM 7.1, I have had a search for any parameter that is new as this was the default behaviour with our previous versions 5.1, 6.0, 6.1 and 7.0.

I have rebooted our Publisher and 2 x Subscribers as a basic measure to see if this restores the logic but the issue still persists.

Has anyone else encountered this on their CUCM?

Regards Kim

3 Replies 3

kim_beadle
Level 1
Level 1

I found the answer;

Service Parameters => Publisher => Cisco CallManager

Clusterwide Parameters (Device - General)

Always Display Original Dialed Number Required Field*

This was a parameter I have never had to alter in previous versions of CUCM and may be new, I am not sure, setting this to False solves the issue.

Regards

Hey Kim,

Thanks for posting up your solution to this issue! +5 points for this very kind follow-up.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for taking the time to read my post. It's always a pleasure to read your input.

Kim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: