I've never used Cisco IOS, though I tried a number of routers for my small office LAN. I am considering CISCO877-SEC-K9 (Advanced IP Services). As far as I can tell from "Cisco Feature Navigator", it comes with IOS 12.4. I'd like to know if the device supports all of the following:
1) To capture and analyze all or selected IP packets coming through the WAN interface, not only the packet headers, but also the packet data?
2) The "Class A" IP adressing (say, 10.x.x.x)? Are there any limitations in this respect (for example, some routers allow Class C addressed only with 255 available IPs)?
3) An internal DHCP Server that allows at least 100 static MAC-to-IP entries?
4) An internal DHCP Server that allows manually configured DNS server addresses? For example, I want to autoconfigure the PCs on my LAN with DNS1=some.custom.ip.address and DNS2=ip.of.the.router.itself.
5) An internal DNS Relay that allows to use the router's IP as a DNS server address. The router would just forward the packets to the actual external DNS servers acquired through DHCP on the WAN interface (ADSL).
6) Multiple LAN subnets, say 10.x.x.x and 192.168.x.x?
7) A NAT firewall that allows virtual servers (for example, with wan.ip.address:80 forwarded to a SSL VPN router on the LAN)?
8) Content filtering by domain names?
9) The ability to work with an ADSL modem in half-bridge mode (when the DHCP network mask on the WAN interface is 255.255.255.255)?