cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not working since upgrade to cucm7.1.2

Bernece Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We just recently upgraded to cucm 7.1.2 from 6.1.3, we are using Unity 7.0 for voice mail. The message indicator light will not light when there is new voice mail. Any ideas?

23 Replies 23

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure the TSP version on Unity is compatible with the CUCM version you have

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

If you dial the MWI On directory number does the MWI light come on?

Yes it does. We still have some phones on meridian mail and the MWIs work just fine. The Cisco phones are the only ones effected.

Bring up the port monitor on Unity. Leave yourself a message and look for the dial out trying to set MWI.

Did any partition or calling search space data get changed?

Is this only on windows based Unity servers? I am not finding anywhere that will allow me view the port monitor.

if you remote desktop or VNC to the server and open Unity Tools you'll see it under "Switch Integration Tools". Its called port status monitor. Click the "play button" to open the ports and then click one of the square blue buttons to the left to see them all. There you can view incoming and outgoing calls to Unity. I am assuming this is Unity and not Unity connections.

Sorry. That is why I can't find it. It is Unity connections. Do you know of a way to look at it?

Hi Bernece,

In UC 7.x this is now available via RTMT (Real Time Monitoring Tool). Works great!

Port Monitor Overview

The RTMT Port Monitor lets you monitor the activity of each Cisco Unity Connection voice messaging port in real time. This information can help you determine whether they system has too many or too few ports.

This tool can display the following information for each port:

Port Name The display name of the port in Cisco Unity Connection Administration.

Caller For incoming calls, the phone number of the caller.

Called For incoming calls, the phone number that was dialed.

Reason If applicable, the reason why the call was redirected.

Redir The extension that redirected the call. If the call was redirected by more than one extension, this field shows the extension prior to the last extension.

Last Redir The last extension that redirected the call.

Application Status The name of the conversation that Cisco Unity Connection is playing for the caller. When the port is not handling a call, the status specifies "Idle."

Display Status The action that the conversation is currently performing. When the port is not handling a call, the status specifies "Idle."

Conversation Status Specific details about the action that the conversation is performing. When the port is not handling a call, the status specifies "Idle."

Port Ext The extension of the voice messaging port.

Connected To For Cisco Unified Communications Manager SCCP integrations, the IP address and port of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager server to which the voice messaging ports are registered.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/7_0_1/rtmt_master/rtprtmn.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

No we are not using the none partition. I ran the tool and did not see any of the ports go active. They stayed in an idle state.

When you call VM, can you see the port take the call?

Unfortunately I am not seeing any activity on the ports. I verified they are all registered from call manager to unity.

I would maybe eliminate any issues with RTMT and install Remote Port Status Monitor on your pc and monitor the ports that way.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PSM_LL.htm

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/WEAK/PSM/CUCRemotePortStatusMonitor.htm

For Connection 7.0(1) and later you need to two do things in the Advanced Settings section of the Connection administration interface before the rPSM will work properly.

1. Turn on the remote port status monitor output. This is a checkbox titled “Enable Remote Port Status Monitor Output”

2. Add the IP address into the list of addresses that are allowed to monitor output. This is a comma separated list in the advanced setting section titled “IP Addresses Allowed to Connect for Port Status Monitor Output”. You can have over 100 addresses in this list if desired.

Brad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: