cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow response one way, VRF/VLAN

pd.politiet.no
Level 1
Level 1

Setup: NAS connected to one Cisco 3560 with 1Gb/s interface. Trunk from 3560 to 6509(a) with 1Gb/s. Trunk from 6509(a) to another 6509(b) with 10Gb/s. One port with 1Gb/s connected to a windows 2008 server.

The 6509 are configured with VRF's, VLAN's and HSRP. One VRF has 2 VLAN's connected. Routing between those VLAN's works fine.

When both the windows 2008 server and the NAS are in the same VLAN, traffic both ways works with good throuput. When the server and NAS are in different VLAN's but same VRF. Trafikk from NAS to server works good, but when we initiate traffic from server to NAS teh speed is reduce with nearly 50%.

Why? What shall I look for?

Br

Geir

3 Replies 3

pd.politiet.no
Level 1
Level 1

Attached a jpg for you to easy see how it is connected.

Geir

Geir,

Just to clarify, there is only one VRF right?

Now, when you have them in separate VLANs, which box is your picture routing between VLANs?

Reza

There are several VRF's, but VLAN 670 an 671 belongs to the same VRF. Routing between them are done by the VRF.

The routing is done by the 6500 in the middle (the one with trunk to the 3560 and trunk to 6500.

If I change the vlan of the port the windows server is connected (same vlan as the NAS-box) traffic both ways are ok. I do not move any cables between the switches.

Geir

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: