NoSuchInstance

Unanswered Question
Sep 1st, 2009
User Badges:

Attempting to add banner via NetConfig in CiscoWorks. Keep getting: ERROR:RME_CDL1031: transport session to device failed for input string "NoSuchInstance". Does this mean there is an unknown character or space somewhere in the banner...this banner can get copy/pasted to routers w/no problem. Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Tue, 09/01/2009 - 12:46
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

This could point to a problem with RME attributes for this device, or a deployment issue. Post the job log for this job under NMSROOT/files/rme/job/NetconfigJob/JODIB.

Joe Clarke Tue, 09/01/2009 - 13:22
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

NMSROOT is the path into which LMS is installed. JOBID is the numeric Netconfig job id. There will be a log file in that directory.

Joe Clarke Tue, 09/01/2009 - 14:53
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

It looks like there is a problem with your template commands. The NoSuchInstance error comes when telnet fails, and RME falls back to using SNMP/TFTP to try and deploy the config.

Exactly what are you trying to deploy to the device?

vwolgel12 Tue, 09/01/2009 - 18:03
User Badges:

Good question. I was trying to deploy two standard ACL's plus a login banner. When the job started failing I split it up and saw that the ACL change succeeded but the banner login failed and that's when I started to post. I just saw that under Task selector (screen shot attached) that there is a category for banner, and drilling down there is a login banner sub-category. I put in my banner and the job was SUCCESSFUL. Can you point me to a url or tell me why there is a special task for creating banners? And thanks for helping me figure this out.

Attachment: 

Actions

This Discussion