Views
Helpful
Replies

SLA on two Cisco 7961 Phones

Echosky81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I need to know if this is either a software or hardware issue. In our office we have Shared Line Appearance on two phones. This issue is a bit hard to explain so I will try my best bare with me lol.

Two Extensions with SLA:

2248(Secondary 2249)

2249(Secondary 2248)

For example I have two extensions 2248 and 2249 a call will come through on the Secondary 2248 when the Primary 2248 is already on a call. When the Primary 2248 is done with their original call the Secondary 2248 is put on hold but the Primary 2248 does not see the call on hold therefore they cannot answer it. What would cause this type of issue?

9 Replies 9

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

Are they all on the same partition? Can Secondary 2248 see the line status of primary 2248?

Does it show up as a shared line under the line page?

Are they all on the same partition? Yes Can Secondary 2248 see the line status of primary 2248? Yes

Does it show up as a shared line under the line page? Yes

Hi Zac,

Check the Max Calls & Busy Trigger on each of the DN's. I just tested this in the lab with 4 & 2 respectively and the test "Hold" scenario worked like a charm.

Cheers!

Rob

The Max Calls & Busy Trigger is set to 4 on both both phones but they are still having the issue :/

Are they both registered to the same call manager?

Yes both phones are registered to the same call manager.

Echosky81
Level 1
Level 1

Also we are using 7.x software on the call managers as well.

arcaidy76
Level 1
Level 1

Do both phones ring at the same time when a call comes ins?

Echosky81
Level 1
Level 1

Yes both phones ring at the same time when a call comes through.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: