Please find attached my current office network layout.
1. Only one core switch 4507
2. Only one fiber uplink to each floor from the core switch.rest are switches are being interconnected using cross cables.
3. For 5th and 9th floor uplink redundancy we have fiber link between 5th & 9th floor switch.
Now we are planning to implement IP phones in the network. so management has decided to add one more core switch and fiber uplink to all the switches. so in this senario what would be the best redundant design setup we can have in our network.
Kindly help me to finish the design diagram with all mentioned devices.
1) I would connect the two core switches with two fiber pairs and I would configure a L2 trunk etherchannel.
If you have only one port free a single L2 trunk can be enough.
2) yes it is the right decision it allows you to have a hierarchical network with a core layer and an access layer: no access layer device relies on another access layer device to reach the core and this is good.
Hope to help