cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 3.2 Device Inventory mismatch

situwayne
Level 1
Level 1

I ran a report on inventory\software version graph. I notice the version displayed does not match what is currently installed. I did inventory poll and collection, but that doesn't work. how can I fix this?

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What are the exact differences? On what types of devices are these differences appearing?

software version graph shows an older version IOS 12.3(17). the routers were upgraded 30-90 days ago to 12.4. the inventory collection does not show any change of these devices.

Is the inventory collection job completing successfully? What does the Detailed Device Report say about one of the affected devices?

oh crap. the ones failed inventory collection display the old IOS, and same in detail device report. get the following error.

RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device.

This is what I thought. Please post the IC_Server.log.

Hi Joe, my original IC_Server.log is over 2GB. I renamed it and ran Inventory Collection of limited devices to generate this file. Let me know what you find. thanks.

I see two problems here. One is most likely an IOS bug, and the other appears to be an issue with the RME database. I haven't seen the former bug in straight 12.4. I have seen this on 6500s running 12.2(33)SXH, though. I recommend you open a TAC service request so more detailed troubleshooting of the device and database can be done.

thanks.