cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560v2 specification

oongborirukkul
Level 1
Level 1

I'm wondering about information that Cisco provide about 3560v2. I've just tried to find the specification of RAM for 3560v2 but nothing found. I just saw only compact flash 32MB why? Isn't 3560v2 need RAM? I don't think so. (grin) and one more question, is Forwarding bandwidth and switching fabric has the same meaning?

Please help me..

I knew, these are silly questions but I really didn't found these information.

Thank you in advance

8 Replies 8

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

You are right. Not sure why RAM info is missed in Data Sheet. It should be 128M, the same as previous 3560.

Here is a Q&A link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/qa_c67-527785.html

Forwarding bandwidth is the capacity of switching fabric, which is 32Gbps.

Thank for your opinion.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Memory is 32 mb and not compact flash.

Hi, leolaohoo

In my option, it is compact flash that use to store IOS or configuration file it's not memory that use to run running-configuration. What do you think?

Thank for your opinion

Hello,

I can not find any reference on Cisco website that the 3560v2 uses a Compact Flash memory as a storage. It uses a flash alright, but it does not seem to use the Compact Flash modules as the ISR routers do.

Best regards,

Peter

Hello, I found "sh ver" for 3560v2 in other conversation

"(revision C0) with 122880K/8184K bytes of memory."

that means 3560v2 approximate 128MB of RAM, right?

Anyone can confirm me? ( the link below as my reference)

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=LAN%2C%20Switching%20and%20Routing&topicID=.ee71a04&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd46f80

Yes, its RAM is 128M based on above show ver

Thank you for confirmation.

How could I find document that mention about RAM for 3560v2 model ?

It's so strange that Cisco try to hide this information. I don't understand.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card