Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Snmp Reponse from Router

Dear all,

The node is supposed to give response for "bridge MIB table". when we checked the o/p of 'snmpwalk <node> 1.3.6.1.2.1.17'

we are getting " dot1dBridge.dot1dBase.dot1dBaseNumPorts.0 : INTEGER: 0 "

what could be the problem

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What type of device of this? What version of code is it running?

This is 2811 Router ,Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-ADVSECURITYK9-M), Version 12.4(10c),

the code , MIB is Bridge MIB --it is supported by the above ios version

No, it's not. This is actually an enhancement request in IOS to properly support the BRIDGE-MIB on routers since they can have the etherswitch modules. the enhancement bug ID is CSCsb46470.

Dear Clarke,

Can i know what is the minimal compatible ios version for the following mibs

RFC1493

RFC 1213 for node and interface details

Cisco CDP MIB

CISCO-C2900-MIB

CISCO-STACK-MIB

CISCO-VLAN-MEMBERSHIP-MIB

CISCO-VTP-MIB

ILMI protocol must be enabled on ATM switches

RFC 1695 (ATM MIB)

CISCO-RHINO-MIB

OLD-CISCO-CHASSIS-MIB

Cisco-HSRP-MIB

Cisco-HSRP-EXT-MIB

CISCO-PAGP-MIB

CISCO-CDP-MIB

There is no one IOS that can provide all of these MIBs. For example, the CISCO-RHINO-MIB is ls1010-specific, and the CISCO-C2900-MIB is 2900XL/3500XL specific.

In general, if you need to know if a version of IOS supports a MIB, you can use the MIB Locator at http://www.cisco.com/go/mibs/ . However, it will not tell you the full level of MIB support in that image. We are currently working on a better system to provide more comprehensive support data, but that is still a ways out.

If ever in doubt, the IOS command "show snmp mib" will show you all objects supported by a given device and image.

Dear Clarke,

can you give the link where MIB to OID Conversion can happen

so that from the corresponding OID s and IOS support can be possible

Dear Clarke,

is there an option that we can update mibs without upgrading IOS,

if so give me Web links

No, this is not possible. An IOS image includes all of the MIBs it will ever support already compiled into it. While you can add or update MIBs on your management station, you cannot change the MIB support of an IOS image.

Dear Clarke,

Can i know whether the above Mibs for the below devices (

7609,7613,2811,6513, ME 3400)

can be supported at which ios versions ata glanxce

Sure. Go to http://www.cisco.com/go/mibs , and launch the MIB Locator tool. Select the device family, and code for each device type, and you will be presented with a list of supported MIBs as well as the links to download them.

Why the low rating to a 100% correct and complete answer as the one above ?

I've rated it again - a "5" as it should be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: