Questions for Personal Blocklist

Unanswered Question
Sep 1st, 2009

1) With the Outlook plugin, the Block Senders button add the sender to Outlook's Junk-Mail Blocked Senders list. Can we get this button to populate the users personal IronPort Blocklist instead?

2) What's the best way to block the following senders?
mx1.domain.com
mx2.domain.com
mx255.domain.com

3) Is there a way to import a list into a senders personal Blocklist?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Andrew Wurster Wed, 09/02/2009 - 17:54

to answer below inline:

1) With the Outlook plugin, the Block Senders button add the sender to Outlook's Junk-Mail Blocked Senders list. Can we get this button to populate the users personal IronPort Blocklist instead?
[AW] i don't think this is possible. the plugin has only very basic operation meant to submit messages to our anti-spam team for review. it may be a nice feature request though to workout with your account team.

2) What's the best way to block the following senders?
mx1.domain.com
mx2.domain.com
mx255.domain.com
[AW] if you're using sendergroup or host access table notation, you can do 'domain.com' to encompass all hosts within 'domain.com'. you might want to use IP addresses also as those are more likely to be in a block of summarizable address such as 'x.x.x.' or 'x.x.x.0'.
if using regex within a content filter, you could do 'mx*.domain.com' or '*.domain.com' as well.

3) Is there a way to import a list into a senders personal Blocklist?
[AW] there's a plain text CSV file containing all your users' safe list block list data. i'm sure it wouldn't be too much trouble to manually edit one person's data.

hope that helps!

andrew

Ferdie2_ironport Wed, 09/02/2009 - 18:07

2) This was a question for the personal Blocklist, not a global rule. Seems like its just a static list.

3) How do I access the list?

Actions

This Discussion