Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 IOS sends different traps

rjust1965
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i got netview and tivoli TEC. the link down traps of my WS-C3750-48TS-E, 12.2(25)SE, are recognized correct, but my WS-C3750E-48TD-E, Version 12.2(46)SE, not. is there a difference by the versions in sending traps ?

regards Reinhold.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is the ability to send IETF link traps vs. Cisco link traps. However, I would need to see a show run from each switch as well as the raw traps being sent by each to know if this is the reason for the problem you're seeing.

hi jclarke,thanks for answer. i attached the files you requested. cut out some personal lines ... i hope it is all you need.

regards Reinhold

These traps look like standard link down traps. I don't see why Netview wouldn't be able to handle them unless you really didn't have the linkDown format listed in trapd.conf.

However, to know for certain, I'd need to see the RAW traps (i.e. a sniffer trace showing the raw SNMP PDUs).

hi,

a technican from IBM what's to put these traps into the netview/tec (?). i hope then it will work. thanks for answer, again. i am not able to test this now and sniff it and from next week i will have some weeks vacation ;-)

for so i am not able to give any anwsers. if it works after the technican has done his work i will close the thread.

thanks again, Reinhold

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: