UCCX Capability Question..

Unanswered Question
Sep 2nd, 2009

Hello All,

We have a customer who wants to setup UCCX for their internal helpdesk purpose.

I'll try to explain what customer is looking for.

UCCX boxes and CUCM will sit at central location and agents are distributed across different locations, each location dials local number for e.g 4444 in CUCM call forwarding rule is applied which will forward the call to central helpdesk IVR…

Now my question is.. if there are agents sitting in location say XX & someone from location XX wants helpdesk support and dials local number(4444) to reach call center. Call will be forwarded to UCCX & it will invoke IVR and at the time of resource selection.. IF agents at location XX are ready and available, would it be possible to route the call back to location XX?? If XX agents are not logged in or available then call shall go to Agents who are located at central site. This customer wants for all the locations, this is to basically to provide local helpdesk support for local people as remote helpdesk guy won't know the setup of any other local site.

I'm not 100% sure if we can achieve this, can anyone please provide valuable input for this.

Thanks,

/Daljeet

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 09/02/2009 - 02:51

Yes. You could create a unique CSQ per location and then do one of two things:

1) Add all agents across all locations to all CSQs but assign "local" agents a higher skill competency so they are attempted first. Queue the contact to their local CSQ. If the preferred (local) agents aren't selected, a less preferred agent will be.

2) Add only "local" agents to the location CSQ and have a second, generic CSQ for all locations. The script could queue the contact into the location CSQ, then the general CSQ after a defined threshold, or both.

The consideration here will be to size your MCS servers properly. Each model has a platform limit on the quantity of CSQs you can add. Make sure you have a big enough server so you can create a CSQ per location.

The easiest way to write the script would be to have a different trigger for each location. UCM would just need to do a call translation pattern from the 4444 in that location's CSS to the appropriate trigger in the CCX CTI CSS.

daljeetsingh1_2 Wed, 09/02/2009 - 23:59

Hi, Thanks for looking into this.

For pt 1, you mean to say if i have 20 locations and if on each locations i have few local agents.

All i should be doing is to create 20 CSQ's for all 20 locations and assign all the agents to these 20 CSQ's, however i need to put local agent in the local CSQ with higher priority??

But at the time of Q to skill group how would i come to know that this call is to be routed to particular location from where the caller is?

Any thoughts??

You could make your script look at the callers telephone number from that you could work out which site they are in and queue the call to the correct support team first. Either based on a simple rule eg all extensions starting 41 are at site x all extensions starting 42 are at site y or you could do a database lookup that has the extension numbers and which site they are located at. Obviously this would require maintenance.

Jonathan Schulenberg Mon, 09/07/2009 - 03:14

You could do that but it would require a lot of upkeep, especially if you ever want to address off-net calls. ANI-based routing typically requires a SQL database to scale well.

My recommendation would be to create a JTAPI Trigger (CTI Route Point) on the application for each location. These would all be in your "CCX_CTI" CSS that contains the CTI Route Points and Ports.

In the Device-level CSS for each location, add a translation pattern to the appropriate partition that translates the vanity pattern into the correct CTI Route Point (and it's partition) for that location. This of course assumes that you have a well designed UCM and have a unique CSS per location.

You can use a Match step within the Script to set the correct CSQ based on the JTAPI Trigger that the call arrived on.

Actions

This Discussion