Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC through VPN

neilobrien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Were running CUPS 6.0.4.100-4 with CUPC 7.0.

Over our VPN which goes through an ASA5510 V8.0(4) the client seems to have some difficulty updating the presence status.

The softphone seems to work fine but i cannot see anyones status and my status appears as offline. In "Server Health" it shows everything as connected and working.

On the network everything works fine.

I've been reading stuff about oversized SIP messages but Ican't seem to nail down the exact cause or fix for that matter.

Can anyone give me any advise??

Thanks,

Neil

8 Replies 8

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

This is a known issue. You may try to turn off "SIP inspection" on ASA. Or upgrade ASA to the latest version.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Thanks Michael - we've turned off SIP inspection but no joy. I guess we'll have to upgrade!!

*** EDIT - Do you know what the bug is or the bug ID. I've been searching for it and can't see anything relating to my problem?

I am also having exactly same problem.

what version should we upgrade the ASA to?

Are you using IP Address or Hostname during login screen of CUPC to connect?

Is the DNS servers same during VPN as within Enterprise? Try resolving the FQDN of Presence (for examples cups1.cisco.com) from the VPN.

Also add the IP address - Hostname entry in your Hosts file of the VPN pc.

It could be a DNS issue.

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with Check point VPN.

Did your problem got resolved ?

Please share how the problem got resolved ? is it a bug of Presence or its a VPN issue ?

Regards,

Nimit

the issue I was having was with a Cisco ASA.  It was a bug and also had to turn off SIP inspection.  I'm not sure about Checkpoint.

Can you list the bug ID number?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: