Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityDB & SQL Maintenance Plan

neil.woolloff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who's UnityDB Transaction Log is running at 6.5GB in size.

They are looking at running the Cisco document:

Shrink the Cisco Unity Database Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_configuration_example09186a008075ba49.shtml

However, is it safe to keep control of this by configuring a SQL Maintenance Plan?

Has any body done this? Any side effects?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Run that doc right now, but after that configure regular DIRT backups. It will trunk the transaction logs every time it runs

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Cheers java,

Seems then that DiRT is not being used otherwise the Transaction Log wouldn't get that big.

Will push that forwards, but what about actually applying a SQL Maintenance Plan.

Is this not good then?

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shrinking should allow the weekly/nightly jobs in SQL to run properly.

Please check in SQL Enterprise Mgr

SQL Server Group > UnityName > Management > Jobs > SqlNightBackupJob/SqlWeeklyBackupJob

are running daily/weekly without error.

Once you shrink the database, you should be able to manually test the job by right clicking it.

Thanks rmai,

It is not set....

I am asking:

Is it safe to set?

The jobs should setup by itself so you need not to configure it. If it doesn't run, you might see a red X next to it.

ah right, sorry now i understand.

will check this, and see what that it is there and if with a red X next to it.

If it is not there, as it seems it should be, is there any harm in creating one? If not, what are the default configuration settings?

Thanks, and apologies if i appeared abrupt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: