cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

password recovery question?

frudas
Level 1
Level 1

What happen to the running config of the pix if I used the password recovery tool? Will the current config stay saved?Please advise

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Hi, password recovery deals with reseting PIX or ASA password not configuration reset.. so be confident your PIX saved config will be there after you do the password recovery procedure, the runnign config if it was not saved consider it lost if you attempt to do the recovery as you will need to reboot for that, the only statements that are reseted in this process startup config will be system passwords and any AAA configuration you may have.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Thanks a mil. Jorge!

Once last question. I am planning to point my RRAS (Windows 2003 Ent.)to new server, inside the config file IP route was pointed to .103 last octet (old server)I need point .112 (new server) to handle my VPN clients connection. Should I edit the entry or create a new entry?

Hi, Im sorry but not clear in what context you mean inside the config file IP route, are you refering to having a route statement in the pix pertainign to old server?

Jorge Rodriguez
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card