Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handler doubt with Cisco Unity 4.2

acerda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have to setup a call handler with caller imput that contains two or more users per option. So I seeing that when I configuring this, the option is associated one user per key, I mean for example ''send caller to SUBSCRIBER and attempt transfer for Cerda, Andres...but where I need not only send one user I need for two or more..any sugguest how setup this?

Regards

Andres

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do here.

So when the caller hears the greeting for the call handler you're setting up you want them to press, say, "1" to reach Andres Cerda and if Andres is busy to then try another user? Or do you mean something else here?

If that is what you want then you can do this by having the "1" key go to a call handler configured to do a transfer to Cerda's extension and if it's busy to transfer the call to another call handler setup to transfer to another user's extension - you can chain handlers together and have the last one go to a mailbox or the operator or something - whatever you want.

if that's not what you're shooting for walk us through the call flow you want the user to experience here.

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Andres,

You can't transfer to 2 users or more from the attempt transfer option. You might setup a shared line for these users and have Unity re-direct to the the shared line.

That is a good idea, do you have some document for setup this at Unity?

regards

Andres

Sample:

1. Setup Phone A , Phone B with same extension 5555.

2. Create a mailbox 5555.

3. Re-direct the keypress to play the greeting for ext 5555.