cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant

hmjgriffon
Level 1
Level 1

I want to set up a voicemail box with an auto attendant script so that when we transfer people to it they get some different prompts and things they can do, we already have an auto attendant set up for one number, can I set one up for this voicemail box? I set it up as a general delivery box in the unity express 3.1 web GUI, I see how to make scripts but I can't figure out the rest.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can either telnet or console to the router to access the CLI. If you do "show run", you will see several dial peers. One should be similar to:

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination pattern

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

codec g711ulaw

no vad

You can add an additional dial peer with your new AA number.

Brandon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like you need to setup another auto attendant with a different dial in number as opposed to a mailbox. Under Voicemail > Auto Attendant, you would add a new AA, associate a script and give it a dial in number.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Okay I did that but when I dial the number instead of the AA script, I get a busy signal, I can't figure out what I am missing? And do I point it at the mailbox I already have?

I'm assuming your CUE is integrated with CME? You will need to create a new dial peer or modify your existing AA dial peer to include the number that you assigned to the new AA.

Brandon

It's all in one device, I'm using the CUE 3.1 web GUI, the other AA that works doesn't have a number that shows up in the extensions or anything so I'm not sure where I put this dial peer in? I think that's the only part i'm missing all your help is much appreciated.

You can either telnet or console to the router to access the CLI. If you do "show run", you will see several dial peers. One should be similar to:

dial-peer voice 10 voip

destination pattern

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:1.1.1.1

codec g711ulaw

no vad

You can add an additional dial peer with your new AA number.

Brandon

Okay I'll try that out, thats kinda wack you'd think there would be a way to do it in the GUI for the none command line masters.

Okay that worked thanks man, now onto my next thing, the front desk girl wants to give people the option when they call to hit a number like 1 and have it send them to an external company number, I figured that out easily but does anyone know if that will count against our long distance or does the AA script totally transfer the person out of the system?

This would count against your LD. It would also take up 2 lines - one for the incoming call, one to send the call back out. The call would be hairpinned through your system for the duration of the call.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: