Views
Helpful
Replies

Reverse Telnet Between Two 3560 Switches

david.walsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a remote room with a stack of 3560 switches. I can telnet to the first one, and i want to be able to set up the others via a reverse telnet from the top switch to all the others that are physically underneath it.

I did some research on reverse telnet (never used it before). It seems as though it can be done, but all the documentation says that you need to use the AUX port. There is no AUX port on a 3560.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Dave

2 Replies 2

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Reverse telnet won't work. But this is from the configuration guide-

You can access all or specific stack members by using the remote command {all | stack-member-number} privileged EXEC command. The stack member number range is 1 to 9.

You can access specific stack members by using the session stack-member-number privileged EXEC command. The stack member number range is 1 to 9. The stack member number is appended to the system prompt. For example, Switch-2# is the prompt in privileged EXEC mode for stack member 2, and the system prompt for the stack master is Switch. Enter exit to return to the CLI session on the stack master. Only the show and debug commands are available in a CLI session to a specific stack member.

You could also use out-of-band device and connect to each switches console (that's what we do).

Hope it helps.

Collin,

I believe you are talking about members in a Cat3750 stack, and the original post was for 3560.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: