cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM7 Local RG Redundancy

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

CM7 with H323 GW's. Using Local RG, with only one RL defined as standard. Users pick up RG through DP, which is the normal behavior. How can I provide GW redundancy to route calls out another GW if there is no RL to modify. Adding gateways to the RG would result in them being ocassionally used, which is not the desired behavior. thanks

4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

You are corect, you have add the Standard Local Route Group in the RL whi cin turn points to the RG in each DP. Only by having a second RG in the RL "RL-LOCAL-GROUP" can get redundancy

Thanks for your reply. But if I put in a second RG, then irregardless of whether the distribution algorithm is

Top down or Circular, the second RG will eventually get used. Correct?

Scenario i am after is that I want second RG to only be used if first RG is unavailable.

Again you are correct but do you not want to have the 2nd circuit have to be the back up if the first is not avialable? however is the issue is how you determine whether circuit 1 is unavailable - All ccts busy or down. As you said you can play around with the Distribution Algorithm in the RG - add both the circuits into a second RG but with your 1st choice circut as the number 1( 30 channesl) so you have 60 channels in all but choose Top Down so it always starts at channel 1- 30 your preferred circuit

What about H323 and make use of the ISDN cause codes- I think there are different ones for "all ccts busy " as opposed to circuit down however it depends on if CUCM recognises the difference- If you use H323 you need to make a change under Service Parms> CCM MANAGER - look for H323 and reroute if busy flag ???

Yes, I would like 2nd circuit (another GW) to be used if first is not available. I could add 2nd GW as a second RG, but the way I read the distribution algorithm, either top down or circular would result in the 2nd GW being used at some point. Perhaps I read it wrong.. I'll try it with RG set to top down. Thanks for your help