Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot shutdown or restart CUCM 7.1 server

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I have a cluster of two CUCM servers running version 7.1.2.20000-2. They are running on IBM servers (7835-I2 equivalent).

The servers are not yet in production and I have not connected to them for a few weeks. They are remote from my location so I am accessing them via a VPN.

The server web interfaces are not responding correctly. I can get to the initial logon page but after I enter my credentials I eventually get a "Database connection error" message.

I can connect to the servers using SSH but when I enter the utils system restart or utils system shutdown commands I get the message below.

Appliance is being Powered - Off ...

Failed to Shutdown the Appliance

I guess I am going to have to get someone to pull out the power and reboot the servers but I would like to know why this has happened - has anyone seen anything similar?

5 Replies 5

lpaquin
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue since yesterday. If you find the fix let me know.

Thanks

Louis

I have had the servers powered off and on and they now will not boot. Luckily no user devices were registered to them.

I am downloading the system recovery CD ISO which I hope will get them to boot.

Ok, keep me update. I was thinking to do the same. I'll wait. Maybe i'll open a TAC on this. I search on BugToolKit and TAC Collection and nothing on it.

Louis

Louis,

The system recovery disk has recovered the servers. Took appprox 15 minutes per box.

Am going to upgrade them to CUCM 7.1(2a)SU1 asap.

Hope it works for you too.

Thanks i just did it this morning the recovery and i'll upgrade to SU1 too.