cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 backup error 292

bgl-group
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone suggest a cure for the following. Last week the inventry job went wrong and filled the entire disk on the server with a 110gb log file.

I cleared that off and since then have not been able to get a backup from the machine. The error message is below.

Backup to 'D:/LMS_Backup' started at: [Thu Sep 3 11:25:00 2009]

[Thu Sep 3 11:25:00 2009] ERROR(292): No database files are available for the installed applications; nothing to back up.

[Thu Sep 3 11:25:00 2009] Backup failed: 2009/09/03 11:25:00

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

email=telecomms@budgetinsurance.com

host=budmon02

But the main application is running correctly and other jobs are completing without errors.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like the NMSROOT/backup/manifest directory was destroyed. This is very bad. Unless you have a good file system backup of this directory, you may need to reinstall LMS from scratch.

Looks like the folder you are mentioning is missing.

I don't have a file system backup for this machine just the ciscoworks backup files.

Am I now looking at a reinstall... or is it possible to do a repair on the directory and then restore an older backup?

The manifest directory can only be recovered from a file system backup, identical LMS server, or from a new install of LMS. If you don't have a file system backup, you can copy the manifest directory from another identical LMS server (i.e. same version of LMS, same applications installed, and same NMSROOT path). If you don't have either of those, then you need to reinstall.

In the future, everything under NMSROOT/backup should NEVER be touched. Do not attempt to write to this directory. It is a critical LMS system directory with no user-serviceable parts.

OK looks like a reinstall is going to be required.

Can you see any issues if I reinstall over the original install directory - or do I need to start from scratch?

Hopefully you have one known good data backup from LMS. In that case, uninstall, then reinstall from scratch. Once you have LMS back, and patched to the previous level, then restore that backup, and you should be up and running once again.

I have hopefully got some good backups so will look at starting the reinstall in the morning (the last time it took almost 5 hours to install....)

Thanks for your help

This is about right. I suspect it will take a good work day to get LMS back up. After that, make sure you take a file system backup just in case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: