Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with track command with SAA

pranuvpandit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am getting the following error exactly after 1 minute on my router when I am giving the command sh track 1 whose output is

RGGNHILINET002#sh track 1

Track 1

Response Time Reporter 4 reachability

Reachability is Down

389340 changes, last change 00:00:00

Latest operation return code: Timeout

Tracked by:

HSRP Vlan1 40

Because of this my HSRP IP is getting changes simultaneously. Can somebody help me over it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you post config of 3845.

Can you post "sh ip route" of 3845.

Is there any chance that your pings or whatever you are using for reachability are getting lost or are getting dropped due to not enough bandwidth.

Also have you tried increasing the timeout on the IP SLA ping ?

Finally, are you sure the device you are pinging is not so busy it is not responding in the timeout or indeed it is just dropping out and then coming back ?

Jon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not really enough information here.

What type of device are you doing this on.

When it reports a timeout have you tried a ping from the device to see if the destination is actually down.

Does it keep bouncing ie. it reports down, then reports up ?

Could we see the config and a quick topology so we can help you out ?

Jon

This is 3845 router. The device is not actually down..I have checked it and yeah it does keep bouncing. Please let me know...what sh commands output you need?

Can you post config of 3845.

Can you post "sh ip route" of 3845.

Is there any chance that your pings or whatever you are using for reachability are getting lost or are getting dropped due to not enough bandwidth.

Also have you tried increasing the timeout on the IP SLA ping ?

Finally, are you sure the device you are pinging is not so busy it is not responding in the timeout or indeed it is just dropping out and then coming back ?

Jon

Thanks Jon ..it is working now.. I have increased the timeout for IP SLA. After monitoring for 30 minutes I observed that regulary after 1 or 2 minutes the RTT was reaching upto 240 ms. But in our configuration it was configured as 10 ms. Increased it to upto 300 ms. Now it is working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card