Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity says " System error has occured"

okoye.stephen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed unity server with failover at the Head office and remote offices across the country are connected the the central office over the WAN.

When calls are placed from the remote offices to the Head office, voicemail can be left and retrieved.

When calls are placed from the head office to the remote offices and when calls are made between users in remote offices,it gives an error " system error has occured, please contact your administrator" when you want to leave a voicemail.

I need assistance with this please.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This sounds like it could get real complex but we need more information. Are both Unity servers (failover config) and a CUCM at the Head Office? Or are their also failover Unity pairs and CUCM servers at the remote locations too? How are the phones in the remote locations connected to the head office? IE) What gateways are at each location, how much WAN connectivity is between, etc. Please provide details. Are their any application log errors on Unity in the Event Viewer associated with a test call from the remote locations to the head office and from remote location to remote location that fail? Those application log errors/warning will probably help with this. Without more info, it would be difficult to tell you what is going on.

Tray

Hi Tray,

Thanks alot for your mail. The Unity servers ( both primary and secondary) are in the Head office with the main cluster of CUCM. The remote offices have UCMEs configured as SRST. All phones are registered in the Head Office main cluster.

I will check and get the application log errors/warning soonest.

Thanks.

Hello all,

Please find attahced the logs and GUSI files of both servers.

Thanks alot and looking forward to suggestions

There is a ton of info in the logs but I need to know the approximate time you had your last failure so I can see what logs correspond with that time period. If you aren't sure, cause the failure, note the time, and then send new GUSI cab file from the active Unity server only.

Thanks!

Tray

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't know how often this has occurred for you. But, looking at your system logs, I found the following:

9/3/2009 3:49:16 PM CiscoUnity_ConvSub Error Network 1120 N/A CBNVMAIL1 The Unity mailbox for the user with the alias - t1phone is unable to receive messages from outside callers because the mailbox does not seem to have an SMTP address written to the Cisco Unity database. It is possible that the user's mailbox has been deleted, or if this is an Unity with Exchange 2000 system, it is possible that the RUS service is running late or is scheduled incorrectly. Technical details - The smtpaddress field in the global subscriber view for the subscriber is either blank or NULL. Return code from procedure - 0x80004005. 2246

The key here is this: the mailbox does not seem to have an SMTP address written to the Cisco Unity database

I just wrote a blog on this issue. Go here for verification and troubleshooting steps:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/resynchronization-of-unity-with-the-directory-using-the-message-store-configuration-wizard.html